I ordered 1570 pieces of tile and paid in full plus delivery charges totalling $5409.After having multiple difficulties getting the tile delivered, once it was delivered it was obvious many pieces were broken.

I noted the damage on the delivery receipt as instructed by the tile company. I then took digital photos of the damaged tile. The tile company argued that there probably wasn't as much breakage as I thought and to use the tile and save the broken pieces as they may need an insurance adjustor to view them to claim against the delivery company. I repeatedly alerted the tile company that we would not have enough tile to finish the job and asked for replacement tile to be sent as there was much more than 15% breakage.

They refused and only offer to sell me more broken tile with a wait time of weeks.

I've sent multiple emails and followed their every instruction to no avail.I want either the replacement tile sent or a refund of the 21% breakage (324 tiles)

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

Helpful? 3 Yes 3 1 No 1
Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Jul 26, 2013 #688192

Oddly, the instructions I had to agree to in order to activate the freight insurance specifically said not to refuse delivery, even if the driver advised it. They said to note damage on the shipping receipt form but accept the tile. I followed the directions, immediately contacted the company and sent photos. I'm at a loss as to how I could have handled this better while still following their guidelines. But, I'll never order something so breakable online again.

Jul 26, 2013 #688155 Colorado Springs, Colorado

It might have been wise to refuse the shipment. However, too late now... And yes, the company probably filed a claim and received the usual "insufficient packaging" as a response from the carrier. Sad situation, but seems that it is made worse by the company's refusal to re-ship replacement tiles.

Jul 26, 2013 #688094

Did you get insurance on the package? If it cost that much and knowing it would be fragile tile I would have got the insurance. How is it their fault for the mail company breaking the tiles?

Jul 26, 2013 #688113

The tile company had freight insurance and asked me to respond to an email outlining the delivery terms in order to activate the coverage which I did. There seems to be some finger pointing between the shipping company ("crates were overpacked, packed incorrectly") and the tile company. I believe this is a case where no one cares if the customer is left holding the bag as long as they can blame someone else for it.

0 0 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

× You are about to contact

Review submitted through "Contact Us" will not get published on the site or forwarded to Rustico Tile and Stone. However, many companies do monitor reviews on our site.

You were reading a complaint about Rustico Tile and Stone.
Filing a new complaint about